Creativity Stops Where You End It!
Creativity is endless, to any magnitude you desire. Many times creative thoughts are triggered from nothing more than a sudden breath of inspiration. Creativity is triggered when you are out to find the problem, and don’t call it a quits till it is solved. Often time’s people settle. A few weeks go by, and the big idea is nowhere in reach and therefore previous ideas are re-addressed in an effort to salvage something. Don’t get me wrong, re-addressing previous ideas is a great thing, if not a great tool. However, it is how one approaches it.
• Becoming desperate for a solution will not solve your problem.
• Trying to find a gem, so you can just settle will not solve your problem.
• Repeating that you cant come up with a solution wont solve your problem.
All one can do, is understand the problem and break it up into its basic steps. Commit yourself into diving into the issue to solve it. Nobody said being creative was easy, it takes time and patience, which in my opinion is worth the wait. Creative solutions take a lot of thinking and analyzing to really simplify the problem.
Make yourself think in the following terms.
• Know of the problem, very well, and keep it in the back of your head.
• Tell yourself every now and then that you are a creative genius.
• Don’t keep telling yourself to “think” or “figure it out.”
• Always try and keep a fresh perspective.
• Take your head out of the game, and watch TV, read something, go to the movies, or exercise.
• Keep thinking about it in increments of time (5 – 10 minutes) then take an hour breather.
• Don’t force yourself to a solution.
Go at it, and never stop till the ahh haa moment is reached. You may feel like a failure getting there, but once your there, you are a winner!!!